Sunday 23 January 2011

A pre New Year's Celebration

 On the final day of SISAT before a couple of days off for New Year, all the teachers had a party in the evening. We all sat at tables and had a meal and then there was dancing. The day before, we were told that we had to sing onstage which I wasn;t a fan of but did anyway. Clem and myself sang 'Way back into love' from Music and Lyrics and then us five volunteers sang a Thai song. Thankfully it went well and the teachers loved it it, especially when we started to sing a Thai song.


 Once that was over it was just a fun evening.
As the evening wore on, and the Thai people drank more whiskey, the dancing started but but before it could get too dancy, the Director danced with Clem, Jing, Fah Sai and myself. It was hilarious as I wasn't very good at dancing and spent most of the time looking at my feet and I wasn't used to being lead but I didn't step on his toes or fall over so I think I did alright.

Also there was this song where all the girls have to dance and then random guys follow whilst you are dancing. Freaky but oh well. This is Thailand. Clem and myself stuck together in that dance and we were a bit freaked at the all the guys dancing around us.
Afterwards the proper dancing started. People did karaoke and we all had a brilliant time. When the Director sang, we all got on-stage and danced and stayed up there for a while whilst other people sang as well all doing different dance moves. It was a lot of fun. The only weird thing was that on the way back home, this random teacher started to follow us saying 'I love you' in the Philippine language to Clem. We were quite scared and told him to go away and them practically ran home. He was quite drunk though it was just a bit scary to turn around and see him following us. A very fun night. Bring on New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment