Wednesday 24 November 2010

Loy Krathong Making

The weekend of the 20th and 21st of November is the time where a lot of people throughout Asia celebrate 'Loy Krathong'. On the Saturdays Clem and myself made our own Loy Krathongs with P-Pui.

Let me tell you, to start with I was very confused with all the folding of the banana leaves but I gradually understood it and got into the swing of things. :)




As the day went on, I gradually increased the Krathong to this finished product.


As well as making these two Krathongs, we also made two with P-Aim's family on the Sunday. Unfortunately, on the way, One of the pedals on Clem's bike came off so she couldn't ride it to P-Aims house!
It was quite funny as they Clem and P-Aim had to ride together which Clem wasn't to happy about and then P-Aim kept on riding faster and faster and me on my little bike with no gears had to pedal so much so keep up.
We managed to get there without anymore incidents and made our second Krathongs with P-Aims family.

As I already knew the confusing folding and such, I managed to take my own spin on the design and made a small Krathong with a large number of flowers.
It was such a fun weekend as making Krathongs only happens once a year and it was great to be a part of it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment