Tuesday 5 April 2011

To Thailand!


To go back into Thailand, we went on a boat trip up the Mekong river. This lasted two days. When it started it was still cold and raining and the boat was an open one so we were at mercy to the cold wind and rain. We were all so cold that my toes were turning purple and apparently, my nose was turning orange! We were given blankets and I huddles up in a corner with a book and tried to wait it out. At that point in time, it had been raining constantly for 3 days! I managed to warm up a little bit but I was praying for sun. It was actually quite sad as the view was amazing but I was just too cold to do anything but sit there. I did get my fortune though. When translated it said that my things had been overseas (which was true as all my things had gone across the English channel to Germany), I would have a baby girl and that I was going to be happy. Also my wish would come true. (And actually, it did!). That evening we stopped off to eat and sleep in a hotel. I was actually quite warm as we asked for an extra blanket and they were really thick and soft. A goods night sleep. The next morning, the first thing I noticed when I woke up was that I couldn't hear rain! Had it finally stopped after 4 days? We went back to the boat and it was still grey and overcast, but they were the sort of clouds which do not rain on you and can disappear to show the sun. At mid-morning my wish came true. We saw blue sky and the sun was on my face! I had never been to happy to see it. It was still a bit cold due to the wind as we were travelling up stream but with the sun, it was so much warmer and people were soon taking off their layers of clothes. I was wearing two pairs of trousers and five tops! Well, once I had stripped down to the right number of clothes, the day was much nicer, I could actually look out the window gap and still feel my face. Clem even took a turn at steering the boat which is a lot harder than it looks. I just took pictures. We soon arrived at out destination and made our way to the boarder to get back into Thailand.



No comments:

Post a Comment